I try to bake or cook something special on weekends…
Since it is so cool here today… The thought of something that smelled like Autumn was on my mind!… It was this easy recipe from Duncan Hines … I had saved the recipe a long time ago… and came across it… while cleaning out some drawers… It’s the same recipe on the cake mix box that I bought just this week!
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Signature Spice Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (21oz.) chopped Duncan Hines Comstock® More Fruit Cinnamon ‘N Spice Apple
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 container Duncan Hines® Classic Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour 13×9-inch pan.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, apple pie filling and oil in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in nuts by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely on wire rack.
- Combine frosting and cinnamon. Spread frosting over cooled cake. Cut into squares
The only change I made was to stir nuts and pie filling in last … I like the chunky pieces of apple!
My cake when baked…
I could eat it just like this!
Stir cinnamon into frosting to taste…
Spread on cake…
NOW to taste!