We are still meeting at Burger King for our Women’s Bible Study.
It’s convenient for most and the croissant breakfast sandwiches are pretty good.
We nibble on our breakfast choices as we wait for all to arrive.
Hot coffee for some of us to get us started for the day.
I was asked, “How are you accepted at the restaurant?”
I do see some interest from other people and only kindness from the employees,
asking us, “Would you like a refill?”, with a genuine smile.
Our small group is growing.
We try to announce the date and time on Sunday mornings and FACEBOOK is our advertisement to reach other women that might like to join.
Word of mouth is usually the best way.
Our busy lives and habits deter us from these type of things.
I am guilty.
But, as I was asked to do this small task for our church, I am enjoying the company of like women talking about our Walk of Faith with our Lord, the topic I chose.
People usually learn by talking to one another.
The conversation and discussing of what material I prepare brings forth good conversation.
We are all on different levels of our Walk in Faith.
Young and older.
All have had different experiences that have definitely brought us closer to our Lord and the scripture.
Things we brought away from our study.
- Be a good steward of talents given to you, using them in the tasks and circumstances God has given you.
- Matthew 6:19-20- Store up treasures in Heaven by doing the will of God, rather than fussing over the treasures of Earth.
- We as Humans want to follow the ways of the world, but to walk by Faith, you need to follow the ways of God.
- You will receive criticism from those around you making you to want to follow the ways of the World. but, as it says in Proverbs 3:5-6 it is explained- “Trust in the Lord with all , and lean not on your own understanding; in all ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths”.
- The trials we face are there to give your journey strength and meaning.
- Although we may stumble and give into temptation, God will not abandon you.
- Prayer is the avenue to our Lord and hope to conquer our fears, needs, trouble and heartache..
- First Corinthians 10:31 explains, “Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” Be the best you can be!